Monday, September 23, 2013

Second Ever Wedding

The Second Ever Wedding is finished. We are now the tired owners of forty black tablecloths, twenty-odd silver trays, and countless pitchers, plates, and utensils. Not to mention buckets of chicken salad. Forty black tablecloths! There ought to be a tragic ballad about how long it takes to wash and dry so many tablecloths.


I didn't take a single picture all weekend, thus the random photo of a set of books I bought at a sale for just $5. Antique fluff! Corny, happily-ever-after, with the most hilarious vintage slang.

Andrew got a cold before the wedding, but we managed to hide it from Jen(who was just a little paranoid at that point) and Jeremy got the flu afterwards, but thankfully on the day-of we were all in reasonable health and spirits. There were no horrible accidents or misplacements, and all events seemed to flow smoothly. The bridesmaids' dresses were very comfortable, Grandma didn't embarrass anyone by talking during the ceremony, and the ring-bearer(who wasn't actually trusted with the ring) was adorable. The bride and groom saw nothing but eachother from picture-taking on, remembered their vows, melted in eachother's arms at the dance, kissed willingly whenever cups were clinked, and left tired and emotional in a very neat car.

Now I'm recovering and reorganizing and packing for my trip down south which is to commence on Thursday. I love my room(Epic echo: my room, my room, my room....) It's big and clean(Jen always was messier) and now I have TWO closets plus a whole dresser. People have been asking if it makes me sad to have the room to myself, and I think no way! I'm supposed to feel guilty about this? Enjoy the small things in life!

1 comment:

Tara Janelle said...

I'm so glad you all had recovered in time to enjoy the wedding! It was wonderful to see you, however briefly! Praying that everything goes smoothly as you adjust to life post-wedding!

p.s. isn't having your own room great? Kathryn and I used to share a room, but then decided to try it apart, and it's really nice!! :)