Thursday, July 5, 2018

Seven months along and not much to say

Here we are well into the third trimester and I'm dragging. With this second pregnancy I'm beginning to feel like those old people who are always saying they can't wait to get to heaven and have a glorified body. I'm too tired to do much beyond the necessary, so there's not much to say here.

The past week we all went to the chiropractor to watch John get adjusted. Margaret didn't behave. Afterwards while we were waiting for John to put everything back into his pockets, the doctor was making small talk. He asked if Margaret was our first child. I thought that was kind of a weird question because I am seven months pregnant, but yes, Margaret is our first. Then he asked, how old is she, seven months? Again, I'm thinking, that's a weird question... I'm clearly pregnant... but in real life I just said she was petite and no, she's one. Plus some.

Then at the 4th of July event a lady asked, when are you due, December? I'm hoping she meant to say September...


I also went to high tea at the Dallas botanical gardens. It was fairly expensive, at $50 per person. Probably the first time I've paid for a three course tea and the most I'll ever pay, hopefully. Our waiter was a rather shaky, older black man named Nelson, which added to the ambiance except for that he spilled hot tea on one of our party. The food was all good but not stellar, the room was nice but not amazing, and mostly I think all the ladies in our party who went were just glad for a special treat of getting away and being served.


The gardens were beautiful and well-maintained. If it hadn't been so hot we would have enjoyed walking around more; but as it was we all wilted pretty fast. And if it wasn't an hour away I would consider going back when it cools down. But it is so we probably won't.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought about us all going to the one they had in the Fort Worth Botanical Garden in May. It would have been cooler, but alas, could not afford it. Maybe one year we can do it.