Friday, May 26, 2006

Important events

Graduation graduation graduation! I am sure you are all tired of this topic by now. My apologies, but it’s all I can think about right now. One more day and it will be over. The rest of the family went out this morning- I am grateful that I am able to have some time alone today for calm reflection and thought before tomorrow, when we will be so busy. Josh is home for the weekend; and it’s going to be very hot tomorrow- 95 or so.

Psalm 121:1-2 (ESV)
I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
[2] My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.

I am thankful for my parents, who decided to home school originally because we lived in Japan when Josh and I were school age and they didn’t want us to go to a Japanese school, but by the time we moved back to the states, they were convinced home schooling was the way to go.

I am thankful for my sister, Jen, who is always supportive and a very good friend. We enjoy talking about everything under the sun; she’s the only one able to get me totally silly, make me so nervous that I tremble, and push me to the verge of tears when I see her dance(I’m not a emotional person so that is unusual).

I’m thankful for my four younger rowdy, noisy, dirty, silly brothers who test my patience and teach me new things and remind me of old lessons every day. They also help me with my sense of humor and teach me how to deal with tense babysitting situations involving lots of blood.

I am thankful for our 1000 book high school history course, all of both our libraries poetry books, my watercolor pencils, our big dusty old house, our business, the reply letters we have received from the soldiers we write, the many opportunities we have had to learn wonderful and marvelous things, and all the blessings God has given us.


Besides celebrating my graduation and Memorial day this weekend, I am also celebrating my first blog anniversary TODAY! Has it really been a whole year?!?!?!?!
Here’s how I got started:
Jen: Em, you need a blog. I’ll set it up for you.
Em: I’m kind of busy…..
Jen: Here’s your password, and here’s how to post. Have fun.
Em: Oh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy blog anniversary Emily! And congratulations of your graduation!

Anonymous said...

Aww Em! That was the most touching thing you've ever written about me.

I thought this post was excellent. I love you too.