I finished the Past Patterns Edwardian waist this week in preparation for our first costumed folk dance performance of the season. The pattern came in sizes 10+. I usually use a size 6 for myself and then alter it to fit, so cutting down from a 10 created a little more work. However the pattern is pretty basic and came together fine, until I ran out of matching thread. I also fiddled around with the shoulder pleats more than I would have liked, mostly because of the sizing change. The shoulder pleats are the same width all down the front of the blouse, but they taper to an end down the back. One of the pleats rippled as I sewed it down the back, so I had to rip it out and re-do.
Ladies from dance group: I'm the one on the far right, looking like I'm in a a straight jacket.What I'm really wearing is my wool trumpet skirt, pleated petticoat, and Gibson waist. The lady on the other end used the same pattern, only the alternate collar and cuff pieces and in a lighter-weight white linen.
The gentlemen also looked great, and with way less work, too.