Friday, August 17, 2007

My venture

Here I am, finally getting the time to post while sitting next to a fat guinea pig in the laundry room. The guinea pig's name is Bucky, and I am going to stay away from him as much as possible in the next two months! I don't much like pets. This family also has a energetic collie and a fish.

I have been here at Ft. Bragg for four days and am still learning the rhythm of the family routine and what I can do to help. I caught a cold yesterday so that slowed me down a bit. I have not seen much of Ft. Bragg or met many other military families so far. Mostly I've been taking over some of the housework and distracting the younger kids so Mom can do school with the older ones.

I have read two books:
Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson, which was very thoughtful and good, except it made me want to get married right away,
And:
Operation Homecoming edited by Andrew Carroll, which was also good but I don't think I'll put it on my list of favorite books, simply because the stories can be so depressing, foul, and strange when not written from a Christian viewpoint. Most of the stories were fine as far as content , though. I don't mean to give this book a harsh review.

No comments: