Monday, September 10, 2007

These are the times that try men's souls

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

-Thomas Paine




How are YOU ALL doing? I may not be a full fledged Yankee, but I will not turn Confederate!

I made it through Church again- every Sunday I feel like I am running the gauntlet when I meet people and they ask me questions. I am trying to remember people's names and recognize people, and they are asking me questions like "Where in NE are you from?" when the only city they know of in NE is Lincoln anyway so it does no good to explain that we live in the country outside of a town of 1300! The whole situation makes me so flustered that I leave in mortal terror of next week's torture session!

But I am doing well. I had baklava for the first time ever- that stuff sure is sweet. Yum!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baklava is very nice... but you need to wash your hands each time you finish one.

There's something about nuts and honey together... mmmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Yes. It was DRENCHED in honey!

Anonymous said...

I know the guantlet feeling. Good luck with remembering names.

Anonymous said...

Just remember, those are good skills to learn!
Mom