Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wa ha ha ha ha

Such a pretty flower. And so useful, too. How? you ask. Read on.

From Wikipedia:
Oleander is one of the most poisonous plants and contains numerous toxic compounds, many of which can be deadly to people, especially young children. The toxicity of Oleander is considered extremely high and it has been reported that in some cases only a small amount had lethal or near lethal effects. The poison is "present in all parts of the plant, but are most concentrated in the sap." The entire plant including the milky white sap is toxic and any part can cause an adverse reaction. Oleander is also known to hold its toxicity even after drying. It is thought that a handful or 10-20 leaves consumed by an adult can cause an adverse reaction, and a single leaf could be lethal to an infant or child. There are innumerable reported suicidal cases of consuming mashed oleander seeds in South India.
Let's invite Hillary Clinton up for tea!

2 comments:

mel said...

Bwaha!! You crack me up!! :)

Frazzledsister said...

Glad you liked it. I would love to be a bright spot in your day! I wish I could be more encouraging to people like you who are going through hard things.