Friday, May 20, 2011

Travel perpetua

We are home from California. Finally. Two weeks of a eight people in a mini-van is plenty, and I hate tent camping. California actually turned out to be rather cold. Apparently the commonly known fact that all of California overlooks the beach and is always 70F is a myth, since the night temps were below 40F. We were all very thankful when the church offered us a host family for the days before Presbytery.

My sister and I are leaving today to house-sit(there's got to be a better way to phrase that- "house-sit" sounds juvenile) for a month. I've hardly been home for the past three months, but it's still so odd to be packing for another weeks-long adventure. Our plan is to get jobs in the big city(Omaha) for the summer.

I never imagined this year would bring so many varied travel experiences. I feel like I've been living out of a suitcase ever since February. And it's still the spring- what on earth will the fall season bring?

No comments: