Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Various news from the home front:
  • Caleb is now on week two of his first full-time job. Somehow, even though we don't talk much during the day, it's so weird that he's never home. Pretty soon he'll actually have money, though I doubt he'll spend it. And besides that we now have four working people(five, when Jen gets home) and two cars. That is challenging. 
  • The two middle boys(ages 13 and 15) are took a free basic ballroom class last week and now they can cha-cha, swing, foxtrot and rumba. I'm looking forward to taking them out dancing this Sunday. It's amazing how much they've grown up this year. They are so CUTE!
  • Russia: With roughly two months to departure, I've been thinking about money lately. This week I started a part-time nanny job that will likely continue up to my departure date. Can I keep a job that long? Or maybe I should ask, can I keep from spanking for that long? It's a decent job, but I'd rather be sewing.
  • Next week I'll be at camp staying with my hosts for Russia. I generally hate the whole "camp" thing, but eight cute kids and an air-conditioned hotel room sound good to me.
  • We're working to prepare the basement for overnight guests staying next week. Dad is furiously mudding and sanding. We got the worst of the graffiti in the basement painted over and one large bookshelf put in; but now we only have one guest bed(the others were so bad that instead of moving them we just threw them away) so other arrangements need to be made. And the books need to be unpacked. We have SO MANY books.
  • I've begun a pair of fall-front knee breeches that need to get done soon, and I have one tailcoat left to finish. Otherwise I have a whole pile of various sewing projects that keeps growing on my table. And I  really should get another tailcoat done. There is no way all that sewing is getting done before I leave. Oh well! Bring on the chocolate.

No comments: