Saturday, October 19, 2013

Frustrating Friday

We started off with a very calm week. There wasn't a whole lot of retreat work to be done since the Hs were focused on their upcoming trip. Mr.-Mrs. and BoyH left for a family reunion on Wednesday. While the girls were at youth group I thought about posting on facebook "I'm alone- talk to me" but paranoia sets in real fast when you're alone in the middle of nowhere so I refrained. Just so you know, I'm not alone anymore. And I have a knife.

A Presbyterian Cemetery shot, from my trip on Saturday. After which the GPS sent me in circles for a good long while. DON'T TRUST THE GPS!

On Tuesday we had surprise volunteers arrive from Alabama, Dale and Pat Mobley(Mr. H wanted to call the the Mowglis). For the first two days I wasn't sure which was Dale and which was Pat, but I got it figured out. The Mobleys are good workers and it's nice to have them here. Having Grandparentish people around helps me feel less old.

Meet Dracula, my rental car for the weekend. He sucks money out of people for a living.

Friday I was supposed to pick up the rental car I had reserved for the weekend. Everything went fine... until I got to the rental agency. I should have known, but they wouldn't allow me to rent the car without a credit card in my name. The whole venture was so frustrating to me, and a strong reminder that I am not in control. I am now in favor of the old alternative, hostages. It would have been so much easier to give a hostage than deal with our credit-dependent world. I ended up getting a car on Saturday from a different agency and paying quite a bit more than I anticipated.

No comments: