Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Sickly and Sewing

We hadn't even got over the business of Grandma's funeral before Presbytery came. Presbytery gets to be more fun every year, because after seven years of attending there are more people we know and look forward to seeing again. Except I came down with a weird flu bug before presbytery, and a cold afterwards. I was so disgusted with myself, I was considering flagellation. When we got home Mom said that she and Dad were going to strictly do nothing all next week, and then she promptly came down with the flu. So I guess she really meant it.

Uncle Sam
Over at the costume shop I'm currently working on a three-piece suit in striped sheeting for an Uncle Sam outfit. Personally, I think it looks like a pajama set. It's one of those outfits that the Woman of Energy says "It looks spectacular!" and I'm thinking, whoever wears that is going to look so stupid.

Wedding Dress Cape
The Costume Shop recently purchased a large load of formals and old wedding dresses that are too worn to be resold and too many to be rented, so the Woman of Energy told me to cut some of the skirts down into capes, to be dyed and sold at Renaissance Faires. They were actually turning out pretty well, until the Woman of Energy stormed in today with an emergency order for four adult dinosaurs. I'm not looking forward to that, because there is no way to make a human look decently like a dinosaur!

No comments: