Saturday, October 20, 2007

I'm still here, on the blogosphere

I am in my last week here at Ft. Bragg. In some ways it’s hard to believe, since I haven’t seen much of North Carolina or Fort Bragg, or gotten to know anyone here really well. I’ve been somewhat isolated here on base at the O. house, since I never drove myself anywhere. If I go this sort of ministry again, I will be sure to find out driving conditions beforehand. It wasn’t Mrs. O’s fault. You thought I was isolated in Nebraska? That’s nothing! Try Ft. Bragg. Honestly, my time here was one of the loneliest times of my life, and again, that really wasn’t Mrs. O’s fault, but if I do this again, I’m going to do it differently. Now that I have less than a week left, I’m feeling good, but when I was at the ten day mark I thought the days couldn’t go quick enough! I will be so glad to get home, see my family again, and relax. I can’t wait to catch up with my sister on all the news. I will be so glad to get back to my social life, however pitiable some people may think it to be, where I can volunteer and visit friends and have freedom!

So, that is what is on my mind right now. This morning we all got up early to go to a library book sale and we stopped at Krispy Kreme to grab “breakfast”. I had never been in a Krispy Kreme before, and it was neat to look through the glass window and see the doughnuts being made. We each got two doughnuts and they were so sweet it almost made us sick. They were also “Hot now”, straight from the oven. Wow. I bought twenty books at the library sale, and while I am excited for all the bargains I got, I don’t know how on earth I am going to get them all home! Maybe I’ll have to leave my extra clothes here, or wear several layers of clothes on the way home to save room in my suitcase. Leaving books behind is not an option!

No comments: