Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The night after I got home we went to hear McCain and Huckabee speak in Sioux City. Right now, I think I favor Huckabee over any of the other candidates, but I have not done a great deal of research, and there's still a whole year left before we vote, so we'll see.

I am very glad to be home! Have I said that before? I am glad to be home. It's twenty degrees cooler here, and the boys are all getting over a cold, we are talking about moving this spring to who knows where, and Dad needs a raise, there's so much to do, but I am so glad to be home. I had two job offers before I even got home; Jen and I are working on raising money to send Christmas boxes to soldiers overseas; there's political work to be done, and our house needs to be packed. Thinking about moving can be overwhelming. But I am so glad to be home! That emotional stress and need for companionship, at least, has been taken away. So, I am glad to be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you like about Huckabee? Personally, my favorite right now is Thompson.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. As far as Huckabee, I haven't done a lot of research- I haven't done much research on any of the candidates- but he seems to be an intelligent fairly conservative man. I've heard a little about Thompson. Do you read Rich Galen's commentaries? He's on Thompson's staff.