Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We sometimes have a Sunday afternoon treat of brownies- soft, gooey brownies, not completely baked. We love them. Jonny wanted to "help" me make them the last time we had them. You know that all the helper really wants to do is sample the dough before it gets into the oven. So after we had mixed up the black goo, we tasted it. While we were doing that, the fork we had used to stir it up with kept sinking deeper and deeper into the dough. Then Jonny said casually: "The fork is drowning." And then he burst out laughing at himself for saying such a silly thing. It was so cute how he said it. He is so cute!

There's not much news on this front; we had a great Thanksgiving, but NE lost the football game. Now we are all trying to avoid the seasonal sicknesses. Tonight is our political discussion group and I still haven't gotten around to researching Fred Thompson! Horrors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to have some of those brownies - they sound delicious! =)

Yes, children do say the funniest things. I miss having my nieces and nephews around, but at least I get to spend time with some little ones babysitting or teaching dance.

Anonymous said...

When it comes to brownies and cookies, I usually like the dough more than the finished product.
I tell my sisters that testing the dough is part of protecting them. If I test it, and don't die or get terribly sick before the finshed product comes out of the oven, the cookies or brownies are SAFE.
So,Jonny is just being a good brother!
By the way, as you might have guessed, neither of my sisters agree with this logic.

Anonymous said...

I guess you'll just have to visit again, Anna!

Tim, if you test brownies too often, you might very well die. Lots of sugar, you know.
I can't let my whole family have dough, though, because if I did there wouldn't be anything to put in the oven!

Anonymous said...

Well, my sisters never let me have too much, so I don't think I am going to die from that. If I do, well, that's just part of helping to protect the family.