Thursday, January 13, 2011

Travel Plans

About three weeks ago, Dad decided I should go to Scotland. Former church friends of ours will be staying in Scotland for a few months, and what better way to travel than to stay with friends?

After confirming that our friends didn't mind me tagging along, we rushed(through a snowstorm) to apply for my of-necessity expedited passport(my former one being very much expired, like, eighteen years ago) and purchase plane tickets.

I'm leaving on Feb. 15th, traveling to Chicago O'Hare to Heathrow London through the night followed by a estimated six hour train trip to Inverness, ended by an hour and a half car ride to Helmsdale, Scotland. Oh boy! Jet lag. I'll be staying for six weeks, returning just in time for the busy month of April. Unfortunately most of the castles in Scotland don't open to visitors until mid-April, but I am sure the experience will be very exciting nonetheless.

No comments: