Friday, June 24, 2011

The Last Days: Reflections on House-sitting

Ahhh, privacy. I've been here in this clean, spacious house with only Jen as company for over a month now, and it's time to go home.

Thursday was my last day with a master bedroom and bath all to myself, and tomorrow will be my last day with unlimited high speed internet, last day with wholehouse AC, last day with automatic ice machine. No more parties and no more quick trips into town. I'm sure I've been utterly spoiled.

I'm trying to think of the bright side of going home, because in comparison our house is full, loud, and less comfortable. The only obvious plus is being around family. Here's hoping I can make the transition back to home life quickly and painlessly!

The owners are certainly glad to be back.

No comments: