Monday, June 18, 2012

Moving, Again.

We moved again, last Saturday. We rented another 24 foot truck, loaded it with boxes left in the old house, and hauled it over to the new. The sewing room is once again a mess, the garage is again full, and my body is sore all over. Moving is so tiring. Once I have my own home I will either never move, or never accumulate stuff.

Apparently 90F is the new 70F, because the temperatures here are abnormally warm for springtime. Even though we do have an air conditioner here at the new house, it's not practical to cool both the upstairs and down all day long. Today at 95F I'm guessing my bedroom got to about 85F. It's warm here in NE! But I'm sure we'll get used to it. Today, I managed to hang curtains, make a new bedcover, and take a nap.

New bedroom curtains: when laundry baskets cost $15 and garbage cans $6, curtains cost $2 at Goodwill.

No comments: