Thursday, November 29, 2012

Home Again

Finally, finally home.

Saying Farewell to Sticky Fatboy.

We left Monday evening after dinner. It was a good thing we had the day to pack and prepare. We took a hired bus to the St.P airport(ending our stay with carsickness) and flew out around 10pm. We spent the night in Moscow and by the time we were settled in the airport lobby it was about 1am. I've personally decided that if I travel again, I'll simply pay more to avoid ten hour overnight layovers in airports, or book a hotel. I do not have the gift of being able to sleep in any circumstances. Then we had our ten hour flight over the ocean, also uncomfortable. At JFK I parted ways with the Ds for my connecting flights to MN and NE. Mentally, at this point, I wanted to run screaming through the airport looking for a bed. But I managed not to.


All-in-all my trip was made up of about forty-eight hours awake, with fourteen in the air and twenty in layovers. I had been so dreading the trip. It was just as terribly long and horribly uncomfortable as I expected, and I'm so glad it's over.

1 comment:

wtg00dw said...

Tolkien.....
In western lands beneath the Sun
The flowers may rise in Spring,
The trees may bud, the waters run,
The merry finches sing.
Or there maybe 'tis cloudless night,
And swaying branches bear
The Elven-stars as jewels white
Amid their branching hair.

Though here at journey's end I lie
In darkness buried deep,
Beyond all towers strong and high,
Beyond all mountains steep,
Above all shadows rides the Sun
And Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
Nor bid the Stars farewell.

The Goodwin's are very happy to have you back!

Welcome home, Emily.