Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm working on the last two dresses for the theatrical. This dress is supposed to be more upper-class than the others, so I chose a paler fabric and more embellishment. The fabric company made a mistake on the order and I didn't have enough material anyway, so I ended up lining the entire dress, adding an underskirt and sleeves made from an old sheet. I wanted big sleeves, and undersleeves were the only way to accomplish that.

Front pleating, entirely for looks. I ended up using a few pattern parts of Butterick 5832, the new romantic pattern.

I even had a little time to work on my Pirate dress. The jute trim looks great!
The dress front opening- smaller trim, stitched on by hand.

Off topic but still cool, we had a storm go through last week that dropped some of the largest hail any of us had ever seen. The picture was even taken after they had melted for a while.The largest measured 2 1/2 inches across, 30 minutes after landing.

No comments: