Friday, October 25, 2013

Two Weeks Left

As soon as the H's returned all was activity again. My last two weeks look to be busy, and that's good. We currently have three retired couples staying as volunteers; we have the Army coming on Saturday and the Navy coming on Sunday, and Mrs. H is going to be away at a ladies' retreat.


I spent a quiet hour at Kensington Mansion in between baking projects yesterday. It's been a hard year, and since I have had some quiet times here someone encouraged me to spend it thinking and praying, though now that I'm entering into my last two weeks here I have fewer chances to get that time away. I'm so grateful that the Hs are such flexible, easygoing hosts!


Currently reading:
"When Elijah challenged the prophets of Baal, he first had the wood and sacrifice drenched with water and the trench around the alter filled to the brim. Then he prayed and brought fire from heaven to lick it up. In like manner, God may allow a flood of afflictions to pour upon His children; He then kindles that inward joy in their bosoms to consume all their sorrows. The very waters of affliction add a further sweetness to their spiritual joy."
-The Christian in Complete Armour, by William Gurnall. It's been two years since I picked this book up, and after reading it off and on I think I'm finally going to finish it this time.

No comments: