Friday, January 3, 2014

Holidays 2013

So, I took a holiday from blogging. But now we're firmly settled in 2014 and today is my day off, so a post is in order.

My long break was mostly because I got job shortly after returning home, so I've spent a fair amount of my holidays working. It's a clothing retail job, so the holidays are the busy season. It's part-time, but I still got scheduled for forty hours this week. Since I don't want to reference my job location blatantly, I came up with the code name "Over 21 and Forever Single," which makes the acronym O2FS. My introduction to O2FS was a nine hour shift on Black Friday. Retail is interesting!

The Fezziwig Ball happened, too. No pictures of me, of course, because I kept running in circles, but everyone looked great.

Christmas was good: We were given so much amazing chocolate for Christmas(a perk of Dad being an Church leader). Right now I'm steadily working through the mint fudge. I've hardly had time to do any sewing; I'm just trying to keep up on my own mending and alterations.One simple item I did get done: a brown satin skirt.


Plain, simple bias-cut maxi skirt. Good for church or more formal occasions.

The one thing I really wanted to get done during the holidays(but didn't get to) was lay out my next wholecloth quilt. It will be queen size; I have a pale green linen-cotton for the top and a white sheet for the bottom, and this time I bought real queen-sized cotton batting instead of using my polyester leftovers from Grandma. I'm really excited about it: the quilt will have a mariner's star central medallion and various things around the border, like acorns and pineapples and birds and I don't know what all, and it will probably take me years to finish. So there you have it: my first goal for the new year- Start the Quilt.

No comments: