Monday, May 12, 2014

Clothing Shed Woes

My work situation continues to be unsure. I'll likely be offered another job in the company, but the location is up in the air. With no assurance of transfer or promotion, an hour round trip doesn't seem worth it, and I might need to start looking for another job, fast. But there are so many unknowns at this point, I just don't know what will happen. I don't want to go find another job, but I don't want to drive so far for part-time work.

Free entrance day at Lauritzen Gardens

The other day at work I was wrestling the cash register into a form of submission(It's a touch screen. Gets me every time) for some interesting customers. The customers at the counter were black, and my manager is black. No big deal. Then my customer, totally ignoring me, starts talking to my manager about how beautiful my manager is and how she just loves to see black women dressed so well. I had to bite my tongue to keep from asking how she feels when she sees well-dressed white women. It was funny, but it did make me feel very pasty and pallid(thesaurus.com: too much fun).


In a few days we're leaving on our Grand Tour work-vacation, which is to span sixteen days with stops in four different states. Traveling always makes for interesting blogging, so I hope to update frequently!

No comments: