Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Yes, I'm a Woman

Last night(It was a dark and stormy night) I could hear the mice in the bedroom. Remember, there were no less than seven mouse-traps in that room, which I don't think I will ever be able to sleep in again. After I heard two traps go off I carefully went to look.

And there was a mouse sitting calmly there on the floor next to the trap.
 
Fort Atkinson SHP: This weekend is a Living History weekend, the first one I'll be able to make this year, and I'm looking forward to it.

I suppose the practical, level-headed thing to do would have been to grab something and smack the mouse. I do consider myself, generally, a calm, level-headed person; but one cannot be practical and level-headed ALL the time. I thought, well, they set off two traps; there's five left. Odds are against them. And sure enough, next morning's investigation showed two dead mice. Well, almost dead. One was in a sticky trap(no, I am not humane) and the other was just lying on the floor. Not sure what that's about since I didn't use poison; but as long as it's dead oh well.


It's all just so disgusting. Mice are creepy and dirty and gross and loud and NOCTURNAL and I certainly don't ever want to touch a live or a dead one! Am I being too dramatic? I don't think so. I'm still not sure what will happen to the bodies; I'm only here for another two weeks. How fast do they decompose, I wonder?

No comments: