Monday, April 27, 2015

Spring

The weather has been just the best lately: Sunny days and light rain, good sweater weather. Monday was a perfect day. Sunny, 60 degrees F, a slight breeze, trees in bloom. I got to work and the Critical Manager was opening. It's important to start off on the right foot with her, because sometimes she can be in a really bad mood, as opposed to a bad mood. So I said as a cheerful greeting, "It's a beautiful day!" and she replied, "yeah, well, I guess it's not raining."

That pretty much sums up our relationship.

At the other job I'm making an Alice in Wonderland dress for an upcoming theatrical. Starting next week the Woman of Energy will be away traveling to Renaissance Faires, so I get to have fun in the back by myself, being creative.

Alice's blue dress

Below are a few informational links in honor of the 240th anniversary of the Battle at Lexington and Concord, which was just a week ago.

Battle Road: A reenactment of the Battle at Lexington and Concord. Really want to go someday. Ten years from now would be cool.

Journal of the American Revolution: Lots of pertinent articles.

The best book on Lexington and Concord that I've read yet: Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fischer.

No comments: