Saturday, April 18, 2015

Books

Last weekend was the annual Fremont Book Sale. We've been going for years, and it's always fun. I bought a whole box of books for $4, and now I am actually, totally, completely out of shelf space. A few books that ended up in my box: Post Captain, by O'Brian. I now have fifteen out of twenty of the Aubrey-Maturin series. Adam of the Road, The Black Arrow, Middlemarch. Green Leaf in Drought Time, by Isobel Kuhn. Hudson Taylor and Maria. In Christ Alone, by Sinclair Ferguson. All good books.

This week's alterations at the costume shop.

On the way home from the book sale I stopped at MacDonalds to buy a drink(Happy hour: $2 medium shake, terribly bad for you). They were having issues with their register so it took a while, and when they got to me, the cashier forgot to give me change. Ten cents isn't a big deal, but I know from experience it's a pain at the end of the day if your count is off, so I asked for change. The cashier rang it up again and handed my $2 back, plus the change. When I asked him about it, and he just said it was a refund. They were busy, I was confused, so I just left. So it turned out they paid me to drink a medium chocolate shake. Weird.


Fort A got a new roof! Two weeks to opening weekend.

The other day at work we were talking about sewing orders for the next week and what sizes they needed to be, and my Manager said, you're what, a twelve, thirteen inch waist? Someone seriously has a disconnect from the U.S. Customary System of Measurement. Then when I got to my other job one of the customers walked up to the counter and said to me, Wow, you're really tiny. Apparently it was comment on my size day. I may be short, but I don't think I quite qualify for dwarfism.


The plant in my living quarters is blooming. It's Spring.

No comments: