Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Decorating my new place

So our new apartment is a walk-out basement that was finished just for us! And since it's owned by my parents, I got a bit of say in a few things. Which was nice. Mom and I quibbled back and forth on various items and it's really pretty hard to pick paint colors via a computer screen, but the walls are yellow and the bedroom is grey and basically everything is a least a little like what I was hoping for.


Kitchen-Living-Dining Room, with sliding doors into the new second (Grey) bedroom

Considering that the walls were all unfinished(and covered in teenage graffiti), ceiling was open, and the floor was plain concrete, it's quite a change.

Grey bedroom- fresh paint!
Most of the work was in the big room. The bathroom also got a new floor, and the window trim got painted, plus a lot of little jobs.

New floor- with heating! Which will be great once it's connected.
So there's what I had to work with when we moved in. A clean slate and lots of Pinterest ideas which I hope to photograph as I go along.

No comments: